Disney's FROZEN the Musical on Broadway | Let It Go / How Far I’ll Go Mashup by Lydia Oakeson

On February 22 this year, Disney opens its brand new musical “Frozen” on Broadway at the St. James Theatre. I had the chance to see the show in its pre-Broadway tryout in Denver, and it was AMAZING. The sets and costumes were incredible, and there are lots of new songs. (Our favorite is “Hygge,” a crazy song sung by Oaken - remember the guy having a “big summer blowout? - about the Scandinavian concept of being comfortable and cozy.) To celebrate “Frozen the Musical” this month, I’m going to be counting down the days until it opens by singing a bunch of mash-ups with family and friends using the song “Let It Go!” Only 14 days to opening!

In 2014, I performed on NBC's "America’s Got Talent" with One Voice Children’s Choir, and one of the songs we performed was “Let It Go.” We practiced this song a lot! One day we noticed that we could actually sing a lot of songs to the accompaniment of the song. There’s a reason for this. “Let It Go” is written in one of the most common chord progressions – the 1-5-6-4 chord progression. These four chords are the most common ones heard in pop music.

So I hope you have fun following me this month, and I’m going to start with a full Disney mash-up of “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Let it Go” from “Frozen.” I hope you like it!

To see more videos and subscribe visit www.youtube.com/c/LydiaOakeson
Visit Lydia’s website at www.lydiaoakeson.com

"Let it Go" words and music by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
"How Far I'll Go" words and music by Lin-Manuel Miranda
Music produced and engineered by Gary Oakeson
Piano arrangement and keyboard by Masa Fukuda
Vocal arrangement by Amy Oakeson
Cinematography and video editing by Gary Oakeson

Comments